DINOSAUR RIDGE IS HIRING!
Join our team and you will become part of an exciting and active National Natural Landmark.
Summer Camp Counselor
2019 Summer Camp Counselor: We are seeking Camp Leaders to lead groups of 6- to 13 -year-old campers for full days of outdoor adventures, science, and fun! FoDR Camp Leaders will be responsible for working with the Camp Director and staff to provide a high-quality experience for every camper. They will ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of camp for each participant.
Minimum Camp Leader Qualifications:
- At least age 18 with a year of experience working with school-aged children OR at least age 21 with 3 months experience working with school-aged children.
- Background check and fingerprints submitted and cleared by the Colorado Department of Human Services (FoDR helps and pays for this).
- Current First Aid/CPR certification and Medication Administration Training (FoDR helps with this).
- Health exam and certificate to drive a 14 passenger van (FoDR helps and pays for this).
- Must be able to work on feet for 8 hours including hiking up to 2 miles.
- Available to work 6-8 hour shifts during the hours of 8am-5pm at least 4 days a week from June 4, 2018- August 3, 2018 (week of July 4 excluded).
Click here to download the 2019 Summer Camp Counselor job description and application requirements.
Summer Camp Junior Counselor
Summer Camp Jr. Counselor: If your child is between the ages of 14 and 18 they can become a Junior Counselor with us! A Junior Counselor is a hands-on volunteer opportunity to assist with all aspects of the camp day, including preparing science and outdoor activities, working with small groups of campers on lessons, running games and crafts, and helping younger campers with transitions. Junior Counselors must be available to work two full weeks of camp 9 am-3 pm. Junior Counselors will be mentored by Camp Leaders and gain valuable leadership and outdoor skills. The application process will open in January and first-round applications will be due March 15, 2019. Click here to download the 2019 Jr Counselor Application.