Dinosaur Discovery Days are free outdoor events hosted by Dinosaur Ridge at the Main Visitor Center Complex and along the Ridge Trail on the second Saturday of the month between May and October. Volunteers are stationed along the Dinosaur Ridge Trail at significant interpretive sites, while many others staff booths and activities at the Main Visitor Center Complex for kids of all ages. Visitors can hike at their own pace or take the shuttle bus at $4 per person on these special days (ages three and under ride free).
Boy Scout Day is an opportunity for Scouts at all levels to satisfy their science requirements for badges. These badges include the Earth Rocks and Digging into the Past Adventure badges at the Cub and Webelo levels, and the Geology Merit Badge at the Boy Scout level.
When: May 12, 2018 from 9am to 3pm
Where: Dinosaur Ridge Visitor Center at 16831 W Alameda Parkway, Morrison, CO 80465. Parking will be offsite.
What: Scientists will be running booths and educational sites along Dinosaur Ridge and at the Visitor Center to teach about geology, paleontology, biology, and other science and outdoor nature subjects.
Why: Dinosaur Ridge will have activities for Scouts of all levels to complete their: Geology Merit Badge, Earth Rocks Adventure, and Digging in the Past Adventure, and much more!
Online registration is now open! Early registrations run through May 1, 2018. Late registrations are accepted until the day of the event for an extra $1/per attending scout or non-scout. Walk-in registration is allowed on the day but not encouraged. There will be NO late registration for Boy Scout Geology Merit Badge candidates unless you have a Merit Badge Counselor. Please click here to be taken to the online registration form. (The form will open in a new browser window.)
Scouts: $6 ($7 after May 1)
Non-Scouts: $4 ($5 after May 1)
Parking: $5/car (cash only)
Event Day Patches: $3 (optional)
Cub Scouts and Webelos:
You will be assigned a start time via e-mail after completing your online registration. Please plan on meeting your group 15 minutes prior to your designated start time.
No late registrations accepted for Boy Scout Merit Badge participants. All Boy Scouts will meet their Merit Badge Counselor at 8:45am to begin promptly at 9am. We highly recommend troops contact their local council to find Geology Merit Badge Counselors for your group, however if you do not have one, DInosaur Ridge will assign your Scout(s) to one that volunteers through us. Geology Merit Badge Counselors will use either option 5D or 5C, which will be decided prior to the event by the counselor.
Has your troop or Scout already attended our Scout Day or earned their badges, loops, pins? Volunteer with us! Dinosaur Ridge always needs help with hands-on activities and/or parking.
Geology Merit Badge Counselors:
If you or someone you know is a Geology Merit Badge Counselor and is available Saturday May 12, 2018 to help a small group of Boy Scouts earn their Geology Merit Badge, let us know!
Erin LaCount: Education Manager
Boy Scout Level: Geology Merit Badge: You can complete your whole Geology Merit Badge at this event!
· Animal Kingdom (Requirements 1, 3)
· King of the Jungle (Requirements 4, 5)
· My Tiger Jungle (Requirements 1, 2, 3)
· Games Tigers Play (Requirements 2, 3)
· Tiger Bites (Requirements 1, 5)
· Tigers in the Wild (Requirements 2, 3, 4, 6)
· Elective Adventure: Rolling Tigers (Requirement 5)
· Elective Adventure: Sky is the Limit (Requirements 2, 7)
· Elective Adventure: Stories in Shapes (Requirements 1, 2, 3, 4)
· Elective Adventure: Tiger Tales (Requirement 7)
· Call of the Wild (Requirements 1B, 3B, 6)
· Paws on the Path (Requirements 1, 5, 6, 7)
· Running With the Pack (Requirements 2, 6)
· Elective Adventure: Air of the Wolf (Requirement 2A)
· Elective Adventure: Code of the Wolf (Requirements 2A, 2C, 3B)
· Elective Adventure: Collections & Hobbies (Requirements 1, 3)
· Elective Adventure: Cubs Who Care (Requirement 6)
· Elective Adventure: Digging in the Past (Requirements 1, 2, 3A)
· Elective Adventure: Finding Your Way (Requirements 2A, 2B, 4)
· Elective Adventure: Grow Something (Requirements 2, 3)
· Elective Adventure: Spirit of the Water (Requirements 1, 2)
· Bear Necessities (Requirements 1B, 2)
· Fur, Feathers, and Ferns (Requirements 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
· Paws For Action (Requirement 2B)
· Elective Adventure: A Bear Goes Fishing (Requirements 1, 2)
· Elective Adventure: Forensics (Requirement 1)
· Elective Adventure: Roaring Laughter (Requirements 1, 4)
· Webelos Walkabout (Requirements 1, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Webelos-AoL Elective Adventures:
· Adventures in Science (Requirements 2, 3F, 3I)
· Art Explosion (Requirements 1, 3A)
· Aware and Care (Requirement 4E)
· Earth Rocks! (Requirements 1A, 1B, 2, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5, 6A, 6B)
· Into the Wild (Requirements 4, 5, 6, 7A, 7B, 7C, 8, 9A)
· Into the Woods (Requirements 1, 2, 3, 6, 7)
Webelos AoL Required:
· Building a Better World (Requirements 6C, 6D)
· Outdoorsman (Requirements 4, A or B)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Join us for our annual Girl Scout Day at Dinosaur Ridge! It’s also National Fossil Day, so come learn about fossils and celebrate. All Girl Scouts, friends, and family are invited. We’ll have representative from area STEM organizations with activities for the girls.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 14
Location: Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison
Time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. You are welcome to come anytime between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Girl Scouts should plan to arrive by 1 p.m. to allow 2 hours to complete activities and badge work.
Cost: $6/Girl Scout, $5/other adults, youth. Children under 3 are free. Optional National Fossil Day available the day of the event for $3.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, Oct. 12.
We will accept walk-ups the day of the event.
Please contact Lori Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event questions? Please contact Erin LaCount at Education@dinoridge.org
Click here to regsiter: http://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/en/events-repository/2017/girl_scout_day_at_di.html