Family, Fun, & Fossils
Saturday, June 15 from 10 am-2 pm
Join us for a complimentary day of education and celebration of the amazing creatures that frequented the Dinosaur Freeway and left their footprints (and bones) at Dinosaur Ridge.
Scientists will be stationed at fossil sites to assist with your exploration and answer any and all questions. There will be an optional shuttle ($5 adults, $4 kids) for those wanting to hop on and off as they explore the Ridge. And best of all, 1 parent or guardian can ride the shuttle for free! Also, our Exhibit Hall is free on Saturday as well.
Families can explore and learn together during a day filled with crafts, hands-on activities, and more. Activities include:
- Track painting – paint and take home a footprint
- Card creation – create a dinosaur-themed card for Father’s or Family Day
- Geology and Fossil exploration – hands-on examination of the geology and fossils that can be found at Dinosaur Ridge
Participating partners include:
- Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum
- Greater Denver Area General Mineral Council
- Morrison Museum
- Western Interior Paleontological Society
Volunteers make Dinosaur Discovery Days happen and we’re looking for a few good folks to help. Volunteer today. Sign up today.