A Statement from Dinosaur Ridge
At Dinosaur Ridge, we support those calling for equality, accountability, and an end to systemic racism. We believe Black Lives Matter.
In September 2019, before the recent protests and outpouring of public support, we established a formal Diversity Committee to help us become a more inclusive organization. While we are proud of that step, we know we can do better.
To move the organization forward in our community, we recommit to our mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We pledge to:
- educate our staff and volunteers more than ever before on diversity issues,
- ensure that our hiring initiatives are easily accessible to applicants of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds,
- seek greater diversity in guest speakers and educators,
- seek partnerships with organizations that support people of color, and
- collect feedback about our work from communities of color to represent new voices and perspectives.
Our Diversity Committee is being tasked with following up on these goals and making sure they come to life.
At Dinosaur Ridge, we value education. We provide information, share knowledge, and encourage ideas. To that end, we invite you to listen, seek information, and learn more about how you can support this movement through an avenue that resonates with you. As an organization, we will continue to listen and learn. We will educate our staff and volunteers. We will enhance our commitment to inclusivity.
Jeff Lamontagne Marsha Barber
Executive Director Board of Directors Chair