Garden Park Field Trip | April 11, 2020 | Register
On this field trip, you’ll head to Canon City’s Royal Gorge Regional Museum & History Center. At the Museum, Kathleen Eaton, the museum educator, will provide an intimate tour and bring out specimens for attendees to handle and touch. Andrew Smith is both the museum’s and BLM’s Paleontologist and will be joining us on our journey to the quarries and dinosaur footprints. The museum will have just opened a NEW exhibit that we can take a look at! Also, dinosaur tracks. Always a cool thing to see!
Saturday, April 11
Leave Dinosaur Ridge (Discovery Center)
10:30 am – 11:30 am
Royal Gorge Regional Museum & History Center – tour and paleontology exhibit
Garden Park for picnic lunch (lunch NOT provided by the Ridge)
Skyline Drive to see Nodasaur footprints in the Dakota Hogback
Return and arrive back at the Discovery Center
$79.00 – Member
$89.00 – Non-member
Limited to 14 attendees.
Provided by Dinosaur Ridge
What to pack:
- Notebook / Pen
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes/boots (required)
- Sun Protection (hat, sunscreen, etc.)
- Long pants/sleeve shirts (suitable for fieldwork)
- 18+ – Must complete waivers
- 16 to 17 – Must complete waivers and have a guardian signature
- 15 and under – Must be accompanied by a guardian
Reserve your place on the trip today.
Check out the full 2020 Travel & Field Trip schedule.