There is currently one job opening.
Job Description–Camp Leader
Dinosaur Ridge is currently seeking energetic outdoorsy educators to serve as Camp Leaders at our summer camp.
Dinosaur Ridge – Mission and History:
Dinosaur Ridge is a designated Natural National Landmark and outdoor museum in Morrison, Colorado. Dinosaur Ridge features one-of-a-kind accessible dinosaur tracks and bone fossils, evidence from past environments, and observable geological processes. We are known as the top-ranked dinosaur track site in the United States, and are the site of the world’s first Stegosaurus discovery. The mission of Dinosaur Ridge is to educate the public about, and ensure the preservation of, the natural and historic resources of Dinosaur Ridge, Triceratops Trail, and the surrounding areas. We currently host about 15,000 school children a year (ECE-12th Grade) on our field trip programs as well as run an outdoor science summer camp.
Dinosaur Ridge Summer Camp Program Description:
Dinosaur Ridge runs nine week-long summer camps from early June to early August for campers aged 6-13. Each week has about 23 campers enrolled. The camp day is from 9am-3pm with a post-camp option from 3pm-5pm. Our summer camp offers a variety of themed camp sessions all involving hands-on science, dinosaur and fossil-related lessons, outdoor games, nature exploration and field trips to museums and natural areas. Each camp is designed to foster excitement and wonder for science, art, and the outdoors while engaging campers in our educational curriculum based on Colorado Academic Standards. Dinosaur Ridge is licensed by the State of Colorado Division of Childcare.
Minimum Camp Leader Qualifications:
- At least age 18 with a year of experience working with school-aged children OR at least age 21 with 3 months experience working with school-aged children.
- Background check and fingerprints submitted and cleared by the Colorado Department of Human Services (Dinosaur Ridge helps and pays for this).
- Current First Aid/CPR certification and Medication Administration Training (Dinosaur Ridge provides with this).
- Health exam and certificate to drive a 14 passenger van (Dinosaur Ridge helps and pays for this).
- Must be able to work on feet for 8 hours including hiking up to 2 miles.
- Available to work 6-8 hour shifts during the hours of 8am-5pm five days a week from June 1, 2020- August 7, 2020. (The week of July 4 is excluded.)
Camp Leader Description and Responsibilities:
We are seeking Camp Leaders to lead groups of 6- to 13 -year-old campers for full days of outdoor adventures, science, and fun! Dinosaur Ridge Camp Leaders will be responsible for working with the Camp Director and staff to provide a high-quality experience for every camper. They will ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of camp for each participant.
Camp Leaders will be expected to:
- Act as role models for all participants and Junior Counselors
- Organize and lead a variety of group activities each week
- Demonstrate respect for the environment, fossils, as well as plants and animals
- Show enthusiasm for science, history, and outdoor activities
- Participate in 15 hours of camp-related training before the start of camp (arranged by Dinosaur Ridge).
- Perform other reasonable responsibilities as determined by Camp Director
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest and experience in teaching outdoor environmental science to youth
- Passionate about Dinosaur Ridge’s mission
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, patiently and professionally
- Strong communication skills with adults and children
- Team player, enthusiastic, organized, creative, critical thinker, and self-motivated
Competitive hourly wage negotiable based on availability and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email, please describe your availability this summer.
Employees at Dinosaur Ridge join an exciting team working to teach people about a world-famous paleontology site and National Natural Landmark.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends of Dinosaur Ridge is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, and guests. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on job requirements, individual performance, and business needs.