Employees at Dinosaur Ridge are a part of an exciting team working to teach people about a world-famous paleontology site and National Natural Landmark.
Reports to: Development Director
Status: Part-time, average 15 hours per week
Start Date: November 1, 2021
Who we are seeking:
An Event Coordinator who will primarily be responsible for directing events in support of Friends Of Dinosaur Ridge’s mission and values.
The qualified individual will be responsible for:
• Working on event coordination and management and addressing potential problems that may arise and could impact the integrity of the event.
• Planning event details and aspects, including event timelines and schedules.
• Maintaining relationships with vendors and venues.
• Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events.
• Overseeing and collaborating with volunteers and other staff members to implement events.
• Comfortable on the phone soliciting donations, following up with beneficiaries, committee members, volunteers, vendors, etc. as needed.
• Occasional lifting and moving materials related to event prep.
• Attending and monitoring activities to ensure attendee satisfaction.
• Creating a budget, reviewing, and approving bills.
• Able to pass a criminal background check
• Available to work 3-4 days per week, including occasional limited availability on weekends
• Event management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Products
• Ability to set goals and prioritize in a deadline oriented and fast-paced environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Highly organized, systematic, and attentive to detail
• Team-oriented and consistently demonstrates positive values in work habits
• Passion for the mission of Dinosaur Ridge
• Nonprofit experience a plus
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to Dana Rinderknecht: Dana.Rinderknecht@DinoRidge.org. Please have your submission in no later than October 22, 2021. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Reports to: Operations Director
Status: Seasonal (6-months)
Start Date: ASAP
Who you are:
In this role, you will support maintenance needs (small construction projects, electrical, repair, and cleaning tasks) for 20 hours per week for 6 months in the spring, summer, and early fall at Dinosaur Ridge, including at our Visitors Center, Discovery Center, as well as on Dinosaur Ridge and at Triceratops Trail.
We anticipate this position will:
Require your availability on site 3-4 days a week, normally during daytime hours. Work schedule is somewhat flexible. The 6-month time frame may be extended depending on organizational financial status.
Must have prior buildings and grounds maintenance experience and insured personal vehicle, pickup preferred. Looking for candidates who take pride in protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the value of our site, one of the most important scientific sites in the country.
Responsibilities and Duties (Reports to Head of Maintenance).
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Responding to and completing work orders in a timely manner and responding quickly to emergencies;
- Cleaning all parts of our property, including buildings (exterior and interior), restrooms, signs, landscaping, parking lots, visitor sites;
- Repairing broken or nonfunctioning small machinery, signs, appliances, structures (e.g. carts, desks, fencing);
- Painting both interior and exterior; 5) Repairing minor electrical, plumbing, boiler and HVAC is a plus;
- Removing snow and trash as necessary;
- Assisting other groups with cleaning, maintenance, and special projects;
- Performing light carpentry work;
- Ordering maintenance supplies and parts as required for Dinosaur Ridge;
- Maintaining logs/records;
- Fulfilling maintenance requests from all departments.
- At least two years of experience with building maintenance (painting, minor plumbing, minor electrical, carpet cleaning, pressure washing, etc.)
- Knowledge of building equipment, furnaces, swamp coolers, security, doors, lighting, etc.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and follow directions is essential.
- Possession of State of Colorado Driver’s License and personal vehicle for hauling small items (e.g., lawnmower, large tools, sacks of concrete, sand and gravel)
- Strong customer service and communication and some computer skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds, climb a ladder, and do moderate shoveling.
Preferred, but not required Qualities:
Mechanical, landscaping, and building skills are a plus
Able to lift 50 pounds, climb a ladder, and do moderate shoveling
Email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Employment eligibility and background checks (no felonies) will be performed.
Located on Jefferson County Open Space, Dinosaur Ridge is one of the most important paleontology sites on Earth. Our globally iconic site has been ranked by paleontologists as the #1 dinosaur track site in the nation, and one of the most important in the world. Dinosaur Ridge draws 245,000 annual visitors to our outdoor museum to view 300+ dinosaur tracks still preserved on the sandstone slope. Dinosaur Ridge was also the site of the first Stegosaurus discovery on earth and was designated National Natural Landmark in 1973. The Friends of Dinosaur Ridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1989 with the purpose of preserving the fossils on Dinosaur Ridge and educating the public about the natural history of the area. Our mission was later expanded to include the fossil sites at Triceratops Trail in Golden, Colorado.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends of Dinosaur Ridge is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, and guests. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on job requirements, individual performance, and business needs.