The Main Visitor Center at Dinosaur Ridge is open.
Please Note: Dinosaur Ridge facilities are open every day of the year EXCEPT New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
You can safely roam and run, learn and debate, and enjoy a National Natural Landmark in Denver’s backyard.
Additional ways to experience Dinosaur Ridge
- Private Bus Tours are now available. Reserve a private tour for a special celebration or experience.
- Additional Walking Tours have been added to our onsite experience. Lace-up your sneakers and go for an incredible and educational walk.
- You can download our Audio Tour and experience Dinosaur Ridge Trail on the trail, on your phone! And, even from your couch!
- We’ve added an online education portal for dinosaur-lovers of all ages to learn and explore.
Dinosaur Ridge facilities are open every day of the year except
New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Dinosaur Ridge operates at different times depending upon the season. Use the charts below for information on our hours of operation and tour departure options.
In the event of severe weather, we may not be open or may close early. Feel free to contact us at 303-697-3466 on days of inclement weather to inquire about our status.
Main Visitor Center Complex:
- Take a 360 degree virtual tour of the Main Visitor Center Grounds.
|Visitor Center & Gift Shop||Trek Through Time||Guided Bus Tours Departures||Walking Tours|
|May through October||9am-5pm, Monday-Sunday||9:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Sunday||9:30-4pm, Monday-Sunday||Sat & Sun|
|November 1 through May 1||9am-4pm, Monday-Sunday||9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Sunday||9:30-3pm, Daily||Sat & Sun|
Discovery Center Hours:
Located at: Red Rocks Entrance #1 on the West Side of Dinosaur Ridge. 17681 W Alameda Parkway, Golden, CO 80402
|May through October||9:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Sunday
|November 1 through May 1||CLOSED|
Main Visitor Center Complex Location
Our Main Visitor Center complex is easily found, just east of Alameda and C-470, where the highway intersection straddles Lakewood and Morrison. Once exiting C-470, travel just a few hundred feet to the west, and make a right (north) into the Dinosaur Ridge Visitor Center parking lot. It’s located at 16831 West Alameda Parkway, Morrison, CO 80465.
Discovery Center Location
The Discovery Center is located at:
Red Rocks Entrance #1 on the West Side of Dinosaur Ridge.