Dinosaur Ridge’s Main Visitor Center is open.
You can safely roam and run, learn and debate, and enjoy a National Natural Landmark in Denver’s backyard. Learn more about our new protocols and processes.
New at Dinosaur Ridge
- Private Bus Tours have been crafted to meet the State’s safer-at-home order.
- You can download our new Audio Tour and experience Dinosaur Ridge Trail on the trail, on your phone! And, even from your couch!
- We’ve added an online education portal for dinosaur-lovers of all ages to learn and explore.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
New Protocols to keep everyone safe!
- Masks are required in indoor spaces (exhibit hall, gift shop, buses).
- All front-line staff and volunteers will be wearing masks
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Limited handling of merchandise in the Gift Shop
- Programs have been updated to align with Colorado’s state order
Good to know:
- Water, jacket, hat, sunscreen, and snacks.
- Good walking shoes. Your camera. Your friends or family.
- The desire to learn about the creatures that walked the earth millions of years ago.
Location, Hours, and Prices:
- Main Visitor Center (16831 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison): EAST SIDE
- Take a 360 degree virtual tour of the Main Visitor Center Grounds.
- Discovery Center (17681 W. Alameda Parkway, Golden): WEST SIDE The Discovery Center is currently closed.
- Hours: Our grounds, museums, and bus tours operate at varying times depending on the time of year. View our hours and directions.
- New Private Bus Tours: A 45-minute guided tour of the Ridge and admission to exhibit hall. Masks are required on buses.
Mixed Group Tour –> 4-6 guests | $8 kids/$12 adults | daily
Small Group Private Tour –> 5-7 guests | $75 flat fee | to guarantee a reservation (call 303-697-3466 – 1-7 days before tour)
Large Group Private Tour –> 8-9 guests | $95 flat fee | to guarantee a reservation (call 303-697-3466 – 1-7 days before tour)
New Audio Tour: A 2.5 mile, self-guided tour of the Ridge. | $6 per download to phone
- New Guided Walks – COMING SOON
- The Hop on / Hop Off Shuttle is currently unavailable.
- We offer active military a 50% discount on bus tours and 10% off in our gift shops. Veterans receive 10% off of bus tours and in our gift shops. Discounts are for immediate family.
- Strollers are available to rent ($5 for 3 hours) at the Main Gift Shop on the east side of the Ridge. We have a limited number of strollers, so it’s always good to bring your own if you can.
- Last guaranteed bus ticket is sold at 3:30 PM (summer season) or 2:30 PM (winter season). If you arrive after these times, you will likely be able to purchase a tour ticket, but we cannot absolutely guarantee availability.
- Thanksgiving Day: All Day
- Christmas Day (December 25): All Day
- New Year’s Day (January 1): All Day
- During snowy or severe weather, some of our sites may be inaccessible or our tour buses might not be running. If in doubt, give us a call at 303-697-3466 after 9 AM to confirm we are open.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Enter our main parking lot at the front gate at 16831 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison. Look for the iron Dinosaur Ridge sign with the dinosaur greeting you.
- When you pull through the gate, you will see parking on your right.
- Restrooms are located in the cinder block building on the east side of the parking lot.
- Find everything you need to start your day in our gift shop: maps, tickets, information, stroller rental.