Dinosaur Ridge is open.
Dinosaur Ridge facilities are open every day of the year EXCEPT New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
You can safely roam and run, learn and debate, and enjoy a National Natural Landmark in Denver’s backyard.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Main Visitor Center (16831 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison): EAST SIDE
- Take a 360 degree virtual tour of the Main Visitor Center Grounds.
- Discovery Center (17681 W. Alameda Parkway, Golden): WEST SIDE
- View our hours and directions. Our grounds, museums, and bus tours operate at varying times depending on the time of year.
TOURS & OFFERINGS:
Learn more about the variety of tours offered at Dinosaur Ridge. Tours can be guaranteed with a reservation but otherwise, first-come, first-served. And as always, weather dependent.
- Good to know:
- Water, jacket, hat, sunscreen, and snacks.
- Good walking shoes. Your camera. Your friends or family.
- We’ve added an online education portal for additional learning — good to check out before your trip!
- Dogs are allowed on the Dinosaur Ridge Trail and on the Visitor Center grounds (not in buildings or buses). Service dogs exempt. Please note: the Trail is a paved asphalt road that can get incredibly hot and dangerous for dog paws in the summer! There is no shade or water along the trail.
- We offer active military a 50% discount on bus tours and 10% off in our gift shops. Veterans receive 10% off of bus tours and in our gift shops. Discounts are for immediate family.
- Thanksgiving Day: All Day
- Christmas Day (December 25): All Day
- New Year’s Day (January 1): All Day
- During snowy or severe weather, some of our sites may be inaccessible or our tour buses might not be running. If in doubt, give us a call at 303-697-3466 after 9 AM to confirm we are open.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Enter the main Visitor Center at 16831 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison.
- Park in designated spots on your right.
- Restrooms are located on the east side of the parking lot.
- Our Gift Shop has maps, tickets, information, stroller rental.