Dinosaur Ridge is open.
You can safely roam and run, learn and debate, and enjoy a National Natural Landmark in Denver’s backyard. Learn more about our new protocols and processes.
Front Yard Facelift! | August 17-21
From Monday, August 17th through Friday, August 21st, we will be doing some beautification work at our main Visitors Center. We will be fully open during that time; however, parking will be limited. During that week, please park around the perimeter of the property, as heavy equipment will be present in and around the central parking spaces. Parking should remain adequate during this time; if the lot is full, however, please ask our staff for further guidance.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
New protocols to keep everyone as safe as possible!
- Masks are required in indoor spaces (exhibit hall, gift shop, buses) for ages 3+.
- All front-line Dinosaur Ridge staff and volunteers will be wearing masks, social distancing, adhering to
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Limited handling of merchandise in the Gift Shop
- Programs have been updated to align with Colorado’s state order
- Main Visitor Center (16831 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison): EAST SIDE
- Take a 360 degree virtual tour of the Main Visitor Center Grounds.
- Discovery Center (17681 W. Alameda Parkway, Golden): WEST SIDE is currently open from 10:30 -2:30pm.
- Our grounds, museums, and bus tours operate at varying times depending on the time of year. View our hours and directions.
Our tour guides are specially trained in the geology and paleontology of Dinosaur Ridge, and offer a unique and personalized experience. They love to answer your questions!
NEW: Private Bus Tours A 45-minute guided tour of the Ridge and admission to exhibit hall. Your expert guide will interpret the dinosaur tracks and bones, local history, and geology while you view the real fossils. Masks are required (ages 3+).
Mixed Group Tour –> 4-6 guests | $10 kids/$15 adults | daily
Small Group Private Tour –> up to 7 guests | $90 flat fee | to guarantee a reservation (call 303-697-3466 – 1-7 days before tour)
Large Group Private Tour –> up to 9 guests | $125 flat fee | to guarantee a reservation (call 303-697-3466 – 1-7 days before tour)
NEW: Guided Walking Tours
The Full Walking Tour is a guided tour of the entire Ridge, both East and West sides. A guide will interpret the dinosaur tracks and bones, local history, and geology while you view the real fossils. This is a one way, 1.25 mile tour and will take 1.5-2 hours. Admission to the Exhibit Hall Trek Through Time is included with your ticket. Masks are required (ages 3+).
Full Walking Tour: $10 per person | 5 guests max* | Fri-Sat: 9:30am | Sun: 12:30 pm
*Call 1-7 days prior to guarantee a reservation | 303-697-3466
During the 60-75 minute Walk & Talk Tour, a guide will interpret the dinosaur tracks (East side) or dinosaur bones (West side), local history, and geology while you view the real fossils. Admission to the Exhibit Hall Trek Through Time is included with your ticket. Masks are required (ages 3+).
- Walk & Talk Tour: $6 per person | 5 guests max | Fri-Sat: 9:30am 11:30am, 12:00pm | Sun: 10:20am, 12:30pm, 1:00pm
Walk with a Geologist is a 2.5-hour walking tour of both East and West sides led by a professional geologist. In addition to the interpretation of the dinosaur track and fossil sites, it includes an in-depth discussion of the geology and changes of the Denver area through time. Walkers are transported by van to the west side of Dinosaur Ridge for a 1½-mile walk back. This tour is designed for participants aged 16 and up. Masks are required.
NEW: Audio Tour
A 2.5 mile, self-guided tour of the Ridge. The Audio Tour includes admission to the Exhibit Hall, Trek Through Time.
- Audio Tour: $6 per download to phone
Exhibit Hall Trek Through Time
Walk through diverse environments at different prehistoric dates learn about Colorado’s ancient environments. Masks are required (ages 3+).
- Exhibit Hall Entrance (a la carte): $3 per person
Morrison Dino Pass
Two museums on one ticket! Dinosaur Ridge and Morrison Natural History Museum have teamed up to offer visitors a joint ticket that includes admission to both institutions for one low price. Learn more about the Pass. Masks are required.
- Morrison Dino Pass: $16 kids / $23 adults
- Good to know:
- Water, jacket, hat, sunscreen, and snacks.
- Good walking shoes. Your camera. Your friends or family.
- We’ve added an online education portal for additional learning — good to checkout before your trip!
- We offer active military a 50% discount on bus tours and 10% off in our gift shops. Veterans receive 10% off of bus tours and in our gift shops. Discounts are for immediate family.
- Tours can be guaranteed with a reservation but otherwise, first-come, first-served. And as always, weather dependent.
- Thanksgiving Day: All Day
- Christmas Day (December 25): All Day
- New Year’s Day (January 1): All Day
- During snowy or severe weather, some of our sites may be inaccessible or our tour buses might not be running. If in doubt, give us a call at 303-697-3466 after 9 AM to confirm we are open.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Enter the main Visitor Center at 16831 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison.
- Park in designated spots on your right.
- Restrooms are located on the east side of the parking lot.
- Our Gift Shop has maps, tickets, information, stroller rental.