A Dino-rific Party Place!
Reserve the Back Patio at the Main Visitor Center for your Festivities
Fee: $50 for 2-hour rental
- 25 people max
- The outdoor patio is shaded, but not fully protected from rain and other weather.
- 5 picnic tables are available for use.
- Add on a “party in a bag!” or a scheduled tour or program to enhance your celebration!
Patio Rental Times
May through September – Saturdays and Sundays
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Noon – 2 p.m.
- 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
October through April – Saturdays and Sundays
We may be able to offer weekdays by special request, please inquire if interested.
- 10 a.m. – Noon
- 1 – 3 p.m.
$95 from the gift shop includes:
- Paper party goods for 25 people (tablecloths, plates, napkins, and forks)
- 1 banner
- 25 tickets for admission to the Exhibit Hall
- Track painting activity and goody bags for 10 kids: 10 dinosaur tracks to paint, with paint and needed supplies to complete on site or at home, and 10 goody bags with Junior Paleontologist activity books and dinosaur toys. Additional goody bags and track sets can be purchased for $3.50 per bag.
PLEASE NOTE: a Guided Bus Tour of Dinosaur Ridge is NOT included. If you are interested in a Guided Tour, please call the Visitor Center at 303-697-3466 x100 to schedule.
Add-on Activities for Birthday Parties
Register for any of these add-on activities to compliment you birthday party. (These activities can be selected when filling out our Party Request Form).
Fossil Dig Bricks
$36 per Dozen
A fossil dig block is a palm-sized piece of dried, plaster-like clay with one small real marine fossil inside. The kit comes with 12 fossil blocks, fossil fact cards and brush/chisel tools for each student to excavate their fossils. This is a 30-60 min activity to do at your picnic tables, or to take home as a goodie.
$2 per participant
Not Available Between November-March
Sluice mining is a great hands-on activity that can be done at any point during your patio rental. Sluice mining has been a staple of river mining in Colorado since the Gold Rush in the 1860’s. With a recreated sluice system, students can get a small bag of rough (sand) to clean, discovering a few mineral pieces to take home. Sluice mining is the shortest of the add-on activities, and is on on-site but is weather-dependent.
Backyard Bones: Dinosaur Dig Program
$4 per participant
Solve a dinosaur mystery! This guided program is a simulated dinosaur dig in our Dinosaur Dig Site at the Visitor Center. This hands-on, inquiry-based program is gives participants a chance to predict, uncover evidence, and draw conclusions about dinosaurs, fossils, and ancient Colorado. (This program does not include a guided tour of Dinosaur Ridge sites.)
Family Field Guide
$5 per book
Available in Spanish, and English
Available in Spanish and English
Dinosaur Ridge Coloring Book
$7.95 per book