Dinosaur Freeways Virtual Program
Take a virtual field trip to Dinosaur Ridge to learn about the lives and deaths of dinosaurs and the evidence they left behind! Study the fossils and rock layers to observe patterns, imagine and wonder about prehistoric animals, and learn how the climate and environment has changed. This program includes videos of our fossil sites, a Google Slideshow (or PowerPoint) and downloadable student activity templates.
Program Length & Schedule
You’ll receive 14-day access to this earth science curriculum allowing flexibility to deliver during your classroom’s schedule. Virtual program components are best delivered in short 15-30 min. lessons (see full details below). Google Slideshow can be customized to your lesson plan. Accompanying downloadable student activities can be assigned as independent projects, homework, or group work.
- $150 $100* per classroom up to 35 students
- *special pricing for a limited time through April 2023!
- discounts available for multiple classrooms
- scholarships available
Virtual Tour Registration
Complete the virtual program request form.
(14-day access to the following)
- Educator’s guide that addresses grade-level geology and paleontology standards through an exploration of points of interest along Dinosaur Ridge. The Educator Guide includes up to 9 lessons per grade (one for each stop featured), complete with images, questions and answers, and student activity options. (Lesson count varies by grade level.)
- 5-9 video links (5-10 min each, on Vimeo), featuring key geological and paleontological sites at Dinosaur Ridge. Show them live in your classroom, stream them during a remote virtual session, or assign them to students for independent viewing.
- Google slides for an educator to present in a live or virtual classroom. Best used after watching one or more video segments to reinforce learning and facilitate discussion. Can be customized to your lesson plan.
- Downloadable activity sheets include fill-in-the blank word games, word searches or hands-on activity directions for the two grade levels closest your student learning level.
Samples of the curriculum components are listed below:
2nd-3rd Grade Samples
4th-5th Grade Samples
6th-8th Grade Samples
9th-12th Grade Samples
Dinosaur Ridge offers full and partial scholarships for qualifying schools. These scholarships are available through the Field Experience Fund for Title I schools with 50% or more on the Free-and-Reduced-Lunch Program. Learn more about Dinosaur Ridge School Program Scholarships.
We also work with the Jefferson County Outdoors Foundation, which provides transportation reimbursement for qualifying schools.