Dinosaur Ridge is ready for visitors to safely wander and wonder, explore and experience.
Dinosaur Ridge is reopened our Main Visitor Center grounds and doors to the community on May 9. You can safely roam and run, learn and debate, and enjoy a National Natural Landmark in Denver’s backyard.
We are reopening after having rethought every aspect of our operations for your safety, and to meet the state’s guidelines. We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for visitors, volunteers, and staff. Hear directly from
Want to know what went into Dinosaur Ridge’s reopening? Hear directly from our Executive Director about the planning, processes, and new protocols that allowed us to reopen our doors.
Many of our programs have been modified and, in some instances, even expanded. We’re ready to welcome those who seek to explore the great outdoors and learn about Colorado’s rich paleontological and geological history.
Our Discovery Center located in Morrison, CO will open at a later date.
Here are just a few ways we’ve updated our processes and protocols.
Expanded Programs – to accommodate the State’s new order and promote good public health.
- Private Bus Tours: A 45-minute guided tour of the Ridge and admission to exhibit hall. Masks are required on buses.
Mixed Group Tour –> 4-6 guests | $8 kids/$12 adults | daily
Small Group Private Tour –> 5-7 guests | $75 flat fee | to guarantee a reservation (call 303-697-3466 – 1-7 days before tour)
Large Group Private Tour –> 8-9 guests | $95 flat fee | to guarantee a reservation (call 303-697-3466 – 1-7 days before tour)
Audio Tour: A 2.5 mile, self-guided tour of the Ridge. | $6 per download to phone
- Guided Walks – COMING SOON
- Our public-facing staff and volunteers will wear masks 100% of the time. Masks are required for visitors in indoor spaces too (including tour buses)!
- To minimize contact, we will rely on credit cards for all payments.
- We are cleaning more often and have removed touchable items from exhibits.
Monitoring Lines & Visitors
- We will be enforcing social distancing recommendations and limiting the number of visitors on tours and in the exhibit halls and gift shop.