Difficult Decisions Ahead: A Message from the Executive Director
Unfortunately, the decision to suspend operations caused an unprecedented financial hardship for our organization and staff. A large portion of our income comes from tour bus and gift shop sales during this popular time of the year. The loss of that income will drive further heart-breaking decisions for our organization and work. We welcome donations now or in the future.
- As custodians of a one-of-a-kind outdoor museum, we want to ensure that these treasures and experiences are preserved. You can donate to our General Operating Fund (Unrestricted/Area of Greatest Need) to help us stay afloat and be ready to reopen our doors.
- You can also choose to contribute to our Employee Assistance Fund. Our employees are passionate and amazing stewards of Dinosaur Ridge, and we hope to help our employees manage during these extraordinary times. Employees are able to apply for assistance through a need-based application process.
- continue to serve as the #1 ranked dinosaur track site in the country
- enhance educational opportunities with an emphasis on new audiences
- increase the visibility of Dinosaur Ridge
- plan for the expansion and protection of Dinosaur Ridge to accommodate projected growth
Ways to Donate
Your tax-deductible donation can be made in two ways:
- Donate easily and securely online.
- Mail a check to Dinosaur Ridge, 16831 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison, CO 80465. Please indicate in the memo line which Project or Campaign you would like your funds applied to, or leave your donation unrestricted.
- Designate a planned gift. Annuities, charitable trusts, real estate, life insurance, or naming Dinosaur Ridge in your will to assist us in achieving our long-term financial goals. Contact us for more information.
- Initiate a matching gift. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees or make contributions based on your volunteer hours. Some companies even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. Contact us for more information.
Please contact our Development Coordinator, Kat Rivers if you have questions about your giving.
Below is a list of current projects and fundraising campaigns. Click a title to expand the details of the project.
Join other Friends of Dinosaur Ridge supporters who share your vision and philanthropic commitment, and deepen your appreciation for the preservation of and education about our paleontological and geological treasures. Your unrestricted gift to the Friends of Dinosaur Ridge allows us to advance our work in mission-driven areas of greatest need.
The decision to close Dinosaur Ridge due to COVID-19 has caused severe financial hardship to our organization and to many of our staff, who are now not receiving pay.
You can choose to contribute to our Employee Assistance Fund. Our employees are passionate and amazing stewards of Dinosaur Ridge, and we hope to help our employees manage during these extraordinary times. Employees are able to apply for assistance through a need-based application process.
Dinosaur Ridge has two capital campaigns underway.
- Front Yard Facelift! | A campaign to revitalize the grounds and structures at Dinosaur Ridge’s Visitor Center to improve the visitor experience.
- Crocodile Creek Campaign | A campaign to preserve the 100-million-year-old crocodile swim tracks and duck-billed dinosaur tracks and build access for the public to experience these tracks.
Learn more about these campaigns and donate today. Please contact our
Development Coordinator, Kat Rivers at (303) 697-3466 x115 to donate.
You can designated your gift to support projects or program at Dinosaur Ridge.
- Education (Summer Camps, Winter Break Camps, or Spring Break Camps): Donations designated for our Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer Camp programs help fund scholarships and program needs for our camps, which are licensed childcare programs in Colorado. These donations may be eligible for the Child Care Contribution Credit tax credit. Click here for more details.
- Field Experience Fund: Last year, more than 15,000 school children visited Dinosaur Ridge. 30% of those visits were made by students from Title I schools. Donations to our Field Experience Fund help offset the costs of field trips for these at-risk youth.
Please consider making a gift that keeps giving for years. A permanent endowment is an invested pool of money that provides a reliable source of income in perpetuity. Friends of Dinosaur Ridge is currently building its general Endowment Fund to ensure the long-term future financial health of the organization. You can contribute to our General Endowment Fund by making an outright gift, through a pledge payable over a number of years, or through a planned gift.
In August of 2018, we joined the family of Nonprofit Endowment Partners at Community First Foundation. We are excited to be partnering with Community First Foundation to grow our endowment and ensure the long-term financial viability of Dinosaur Ridge. For a limited period of time, every dollar you donate will be increased by Community First Foundation with an additional $0.25, as long as matching funds exist in the Community First incentive fund. Thanks to this generous match program, you can make your giving go even farther by donating today.
Dinosaur Ridge forms: